Skip to content
- 15 apples
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 drops red food coloring
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Insert craft sticks into the center of the stemmed apples.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Heat to 300 to 310 degrees F (149 to 154 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads.
- Remove from heat and stir in food coloring.
- Holding apple by its stick, dip in syrup and remove.
- Turn apple on its side to coat evenly.
- Place on prepared sheets to harden.